I would like to inform that first unstable version of E2 transcoder for Raspberry PI2 is available in public. There is a lot of things which need to do to make this transcoder perfect, but if you wold like to test it you can do this.
Basically this is a rasbpian wheezy image with some modifications to make possible to run this app.
What you need to do to install this app?
- download image with torrent http://e2transcoder.sharetext.net/wp-content/uploads/files/e2transcoder-061-wheezy-unstable.torrent
- Install on SD card this image, there should be a lot of instructions how to do this in insternet. I suspect you need at least 8GB image, not because all software is so big but because i took this image from my 8GB SD card.
- If you want a transcode SD channels you need a MPEG2 license. MPEG2 license is necessary to PI2 could decode in HW mode mpeg2 streams. http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/
- run command in pi2 console
sudo chmod 666 /var/www/admin/db/dbtranscode.db
- edit file /var/www/config.php for you needs, E2 receiver IP, username etc…
- Open link http://yourpi2ipaddress
Ah, almoust forgot, PI2 linux username and password is